Advised Action Following A Default Judgement For Rent Arrears
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
3 Posts
15 years ago
Dear Dave/Paul

We've recently recieved a default judgement in our favour against a tenant for £1600 in rent arrears.

The tenant has now left our property and, in our opinion, gone into hiding in Derby.

However, 1. his parents address is on the tenancy agreement, we recently received correspondence form them claiming they don't have a current address for him at present and he doesn't have possessions at that property.
2. The tenant is on benefits, so is presumably traceable.

Currently we have put in a call to Haymarket Revenues debt recovery service to see if it worth employing them to recover the debt.

We're aware that our only alternative may be to ask the court to make a money order on his benefits, which we're happy to do if this is likely to get us our money back.


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.