When can the courts be contacted?
Rent Arrears

Jay Marshall
Jay Marshall
0 Thanks
11 Posts
15 years ago
The tenants in one of my flats fell behind with their rent after Christmas. One of them left so, after talking to the remaining two, I agreed to start a new tenancy agreement from 01-04-08 (for six months) but they have now fallen into arrears again. They haven't been up-to-date since failing to pay the full amount at the end of April. They now owe £440, which will rise by £350 on 30-06-08 when next month's rent falls due. I have issued a sec 21 notice at the start of the original tenancy (Aug 08): do I need to issue another at the start of each new tenancy agreement? Do I need to issue a sec 8 notice, and do I need to take the papers to court? Or should I contact the Council to see if their mediation service can help?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.