Section 21 Enforcement Associated with Rent Arrears
Rent Arrears

Peter Firth
Peter Firth
0 Thanks
30 Posts
15 years ago
The tenant I have that is in significant arrears now has their benefit paid direct to me but there are several issues:

1. The shortfall in rent is not being covered so I am losing over one hundred pounds per month in rent still. They have promised to put payments in place to both pay this and also catch up on their rent arrears but it is clear this will not happen now. I did issue a Section 21 notice at the start of the 6 month agreement and can now enforce this but I just wanted to check that there is no problem in me enforcing this in the same letter as I write about the on-gong rent arrears....a copy of which will be sent to their guarantor who is not returning any of my calls.

2. The tenant is being deducted about ten pounds per week from their benefit for some previous overpayment I assume. Given that I am now recieiving their benefit payment this meams I am effectively paying this for them. Do I have a case to take up with the council to therefore pay me what would be their full amount of allowance if this recovery was not in place? If so what should I do?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.