Charging Order
Rent Arrears

London member
London member
2 Thanks
2 Posts
11 years ago
My ex-tenant still owes me over £4,000 in arrears and court fees. They own their own house (currently rented out) and I want to apply for a Charging Order to ensure that this house cannot be sold at some future date without the debt being paid.
However, I don't have a current address for the them - but I do have all the details for the house and the mortgage company!
Can RLA advise whether the address is essential - and if I ought to get a solicitor to complete the form?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.