Can we ask DSS to pay arrears from tenants benefits?
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
15 Posts
14 years ago
I have a friend who works for the council - she told me that when a tenant is in arrears or the housing benefits have made an overpayment and intend to start clawing back some of the money already paid, the council ask the Department of Work and Pensions to pay them the arrears on a weekly basis by deducting other benefits such as income support. Can a private landlord do that as well?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.