can you help please
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
1 Posts
14 years ago
We had a tenant who left our property in July last year after a 12 month contract, he still owes over £1000 in arrears and I am wondering if I can pressure him or call on debt recovery people through the RLA. He has gone back to university to do his masters and reckons that he will pay his arrears when he gets his grant money through, he has been asking for an extra week/month's grace since early on in his tenancy, there was a point when he held on to his housing benefit until I sorted that out. It was a joint tenancy but I returned the other bonds because it seemed unfair to the others to take it out on them. I've given him a final deadline of the end of March and not heard or received anything yet. Please what do you suggest? I have his mobile no., current address and his guardians ( who are not interested !)
Paul Connor

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.