Capital Gains Tax
Tax Planning and Financial

John Scurlock
John Scurlock
0 Thanks
5 Posts
1 month ago

Hi. I rent out a three bedroomed house. I’ve never lived in it. It is the only property I own. I live with my partner in a house that totally belongs to her. We are not married. I own no part of that property. We share the household costs etc.

At some point I will need to sell my property. When that happens will I still need to pay Capital Gains Tax.

I do understand that if I owned the property that I live in and was renting a further property that I owned then CGT would apply to the other property if I sold it. My situation is slightly different so was just wondering if I would be exempt from CGT. Any thoughts. Thanks

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.