Permitted occupier paperwork
Tenancy Types and Management

Jen & wayne
Jen & wayne
34 Thanks
183 Posts
1 month ago

Hi everyone,

Looking for a bit of advice. I've just been informed this evening that a tenant, single mum late 50's has just had her 21 year old son move in with her. 3 bed semi in the UK. 

Wondering what I need to do for this. Do I need to add him as a permitted occoupier or do I do nothing? Can I download any paperwork for this? I don't want to get it wrong as the landlord next door just called me tonight to tell me that there has already been issues between him and another tenant of mine 2 doors down. 

I probably should not have got involved but I spoke to all concerned and I think any further issues are now resolved. Tenants in both houses have been great and both look after the houses so I don't want to upset either of them and want to tread very carefully and don't want to be involved in any dispute. 

Tenant A has already spoken to her son and has assured me it won't happen again. Tenant B apparently over reacted but said its all OK. theres always 2 sides to a story and I'm not a social worker. 

Back to the issue, what paperwork do I need to issue for the son. 

Any help greatly appreciated


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.