Rent arrears and tenant refusing to provide forwarding address
Rent Arrears

Steve D
Steve D
0 Thanks
10 Posts
12 years ago
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a tenant who has absconded owing over £3000 in rent arrears. Although still replying to my emails, he is refusing to provide a forwarding address. How can I pursue a claim against him? He is in receipt of council benefits, and until recently the council were paying his rent direct to me, but the arrears preceded his instruction to them to do this, and cover the period where his benefits were paid direct to him, and he was supposed to pay me.


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.