New build certification for selective licensing who's correct ?

0 Thanks
1 Posts
1 month ago

We recently completed a new build for a landlord, We supply the new Installation certification for gas and electrical install along with the building control compliance certificates direct from Gas Safe and NICEIC. The landlord, our client, has said the licensing dept want the yearly gas safe cert and the 5 year electrical cert ? I had excactly the same on one of my own rentals that we converted into 2 flats all with completely new Installs. Seems daft to me to supply the Installation certificates and yearly gas and 5 yerly electic landlord certs on a brand new property or conversion but matbe I'm wrong ? Anyone have any Idea who is correct ?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.