Paying husband to manage rental property
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
7 Posts
1 week ago
Hi all, My husband part retired last year and to take the pressure of me slightly, I would like to pay him to manage the property on my behalf. Am I able to pay him a wage for doing this (and include in my property expenses) if he then declares this as income on his self assessment form? I suppose there is a follow on question that then asks, are there any complications his side then in getting self employed income from somewhere? i.e. does he have to register as a full blown business etc?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.