Fire Damage & Issue of Section 21
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

2 Thanks
12 Posts
14 years ago
We believe the fire started in the bedroom.
The tenants have been temporary housed in a local hotel.

We would like to issue a section 21 notice for possession of the house.

The council tenancy relations officer told us we cannot issue a notice until the tenants have returned to the house which is burned, as the notice must be served on the tenants whilst they occupy the house.

However the landlord wishes to sell the house, and wants possession.

Can someone please help me.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.