Problems with getting County Court to co-operate with enforcing it's on order
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

Steve L
Steve L
0 Thanks
5 Posts
14 years ago
I obtained a Possession Order on 15th October under S8 following a refusal to pay rent. The tenant refused to leave, so I instructed a High Court Enforcement to transfer the case to High Court for enforcement. All the advice I received was that this was at my discretion - I did not require any further court hearing. (The alternative would be the cheaper, but lengthier, process of using the County Court bailiff.

Today a letter arrived (with the High Court Enforcement Officer) advising that "The District Judge has stated that the Claimant should use County Court request for possession as this is not a trespass claim".

Has anyone has such difficulty in getting the County Court to co-operate in enforcing it's own Order? Can the Judge exercise a preference?

I do not know exactly what constitutes a "trespass claim" but these people are sticking two fingers up at the Court - sure that is a "trespass clam"?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.