Evicted Tenant Via S21 But Now Want To Recover Rent.
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

Joel Herbert
Joel Herbert
0 Thanks
5 Posts
11 years ago
I have just successfully evicted my tenant due to non payment of rent for the last three months.

I successfully evicted him via a S21 rather than S8 as I wanted to guarantee that I would regain possession of my property as quickly as possible.

However, I now want to try and recover the outstanding rent arrears of £1,000+ from the former tenant. What is the best way of trying to achieve this?

I will use a tracing agent in due course to try and find out his new address but wonder what is the best way to try and recover this outstanding amount as I'm not letting this guy get away with it.

Many thanks,

Joel Herbert

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.