Tenant problem
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

Sandy Rose
Sandy Rose
1 Thanks
34 Posts
13 years ago
I have a tenant whoes rent is paid on time (housing benefit paying me direct)however the tenant is causing havoc in the block of flats. E.G loud music, coming & goings at odd hours (early hrs of the morning), slamming of doors etc and worse possible drug dealing or letting boyfriend deal from outside the flat (this has been reported to the police). I believe there have been about 6 incidents reported to the police now, all with incident numbers. She has also done damage to the property inside e.g burnt carpets

She is on a 6 month shorthold tenancy that started on 28th March 2011, I want to give her notice for the above reasons. So could you please answer the following questions or tell me which way to proceed with please.

1. Can I only issue her with a Section 21(b) ? or is there another option ?
2. If I serve her notice can I serve it to her anytime between now and the 25th July 2011 so that it expires on the 27th September 2011 presuming this is the soonest date that I can actually have her out (if she goes).

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.