Section 21
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

2 Thanks
22 Posts
12 years ago
We served a section 21 notice some time ago for the tenant to leave due to anti-social behaviour and a small amount of rent arrears under the 8 weeks as the landlord wanted his house back.

All went quiet and the rent was paid so we let here stay. She has now clocked up over 2 months arrears. As the section 21 is still in force and the 2 months has expired is it best to go for accelerated possession and do a separate claim for the money she now owes.

Or is there another way of doing this please?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.