Filing Tax
Tax Planning and Financial

Paul C
Paul C
0 Thanks
11 Posts
15 years ago
Hi Prince

Not a tax expert but maybe if your wife had appointed you as a Managing Agent (verbally or in writing) then perhaps you could have sent her an invoice for your expenses (including utilities) which she could then have deducted from her income as an allowable expense. If you had offered your services as an Agent on a free introductory commission basis you would have had no taxable profit to declare on your tax return in relation to this rental although you might have had to declare a new area of trade on your return.

Check with your accountant.

Regards Paul C

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.