Non Paying Tenants
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
14 Posts
15 years ago

You guys have probably been asked them many times but here it is again. I have bought a few places in Yorkshire, Hull, where the existing tenants are not paying there top ups. All that will be paid to me is the housing benfits. Since I funded my properties from other sources of loans I would require my full market rental to make the propery as appealing as I made it out to be in my calculations.

What is the best way to appraoch this now. I have about £2000 worth of work to do on each one. Should I :

1. hand a section 21 now and start the work &start renovations at the same time
2. wait till tenant is out and start the work.

Also, what is the best way to source a DSS tenant that pays the top up. Maybe a Gaurantor or something of the likes.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.