contracts and rent increases
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
3 Posts
17 years ago
I have a tenant who has been renting a room for about 3 years. He is no problem and i have increased his rent every year in line with the council and water charges only. Because of this he pays me alower rent than my other tenants who have not been with me very long.
Additionally when he came I did not give him a contract.
Can I now give him a contract for 12 months with a section 21 notice and increase his rent and deposit within the contract?
If I can't how can I legally increase his rent.
I appreciate that I was foolhardy not to have a contract initially but I now ensure that allmy other tenants have a contract.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.