refs. increasing rent
Tax Planning and Financial

Charlie HG
Charlie HG
1 Thanks
11 Posts
17 years ago

I should like to know what the procedure is for increasing the tenants rent.
I have 2 occupants in FFF of superior quality and in good conservation area, supplied with all F &F incl. kitchen equip.
the rental asked through the agents was a modest £595 per month for proffessional couple.(OCT.26th2006 short-hold)
I agreed to reduce the sum for the first 6 months to £550 per month
the tenats pay thier own council tax and outgoing accounts
I feel the true value (with parking for 2 cars) to be at least £650
which includes garden and all maintance.I pay buildings insurance.
I have already had 4 outgoing bills (plumbing) due to tenants negligence, and other problems, - however I do not wish to have the property empty at present, nor the burden of a 'change-over' what advise can you give ? (6 months is up end of April 2007)thank you.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.