Tax return - expenses from a previous year
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
7 Posts
12 years ago
Hi, I initially let out my own property when I moved in with my partner, I then sold it in the tax year 2009-10. I have now bought another property in the 2011-12 tax year but had expenses from a purchase that fell through in the 2010-11 tax year. Is there any way I can reclaim the expenses (legal and survey fees) from the previous tax year even though I had no investment property / income in that tax year?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.