tax, bill payments
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
10 Posts
15 years ago
I own a building which I have split into three sections. Downstairs I have tenants running a shop; upstairs I have a 1 bedroom flat and I am considering developing a downstairs rear room into a studio flat. My question is; how should council tax work for such a building? Should each tenant pay there own council tax? I.e. 1 bedroom flat tenants pay their tax, downstairs shop pay their tax etc? Same applies to building water bills, electricity bills etc? The whole building is one address and not split up into 1a, 1b, 1c etc.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.