capital gains move to another property?
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
6 Posts
14 years ago
hello,, i'm searching for an answer...

I have a btl property that i wish to sell off,,,

i know i have to pay capital gains on any gain recieved but am i right in thinking that
i can carry over my capital gain (ie any profit i make on the sale)
to another btl property purchase?

also if i port my present btl mortgage over from the sold property to another one (porting) how does that work? do you have to go through a full application/credit checks etc again or is it quite straight forward?...the reason for asking is that i may not make the criteria now for a new btl mortgage, but would love to off load one place and get another nearer to home...but dont want to lose my investment when no-one will lend to me again because of low wages.

Any tips ? ideas?

thanks swainston..

or you can direct email> [email protected]

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.