Overseas Landlords
Tax Planning and Financial

Chris White
Chris White
3 Thanks
153 Posts
12 years ago
You would only pay UK tax on profit. So it would be rents less expenses, for example - loan or mortgage interest, repairs, letting agents charges, service charges, insurance, wear and tear allowance (if furnished) etc. etc.

The question of the forms you need to complete depends on your exact UK tax status. Are you in Italy just temporarily to work or are you actually non resident? If non resident you need to be aware of the rules for the agent or tenant deducting tax when paying rent to a non resident landlord and the way to apply for exemption from this.

If you want to email with more details of your situation I'll point you in the right direction.

[email protected]

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.