Replacing faulty electric strorage heaters
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
1 Posts
11 years ago
Hi, two storage heaters at a property are apparently faulty beyong reapir and the cheapsest quote I've had for replacing them is around £1000. My feeling is that for that money I'd just as well put central heating in as can do the whole property for around £3000. My question is if I put the central heating in would that be seen as vastly improving on what was originally there and therefore be a capital expense of £3000 even though what's there needs replacing? Or could the £3000 be deductible against this year's income tax and if not is it possible to deduct £1000 from income and remaining £2000 as a capital expense?

Thank you for your time


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.