Increase rent by way of re-issuing new AST and new section 21's
Tenancy Deposits

0 Thanks
3 Posts
15 years ago
I have a number of tenants who are on the older AST, which does not have the requirement for deposits to be in a scheme. I want to increase my rents and re-issue AST's.

The query is what happens with the deposits. can I ask for an increase?
does the deposit have to be put in a scheme?
can I alter it two have it 2 months in advance?

When issuing the section 21 is it a or b format as an ast alreay exists, or do I just let the old one continue?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.