Recourse after unfavourable adjudication
Tenancy Deposits

3 Thanks
100 Posts
15 years ago
As part of a dispute, I had asked the scheme management for specific help regarding what evidence was required, but they did not provide that information, although confirmed receiving the rest of my submission. The adjudication judgement arrived today, and says what I should have provided (which I could have but no-one said I needed to). It says that I cannot recover more tha £2000 rent arrears nor more than £1200 in costs (the total deposit was £2475). I am bitterly dissappointed and disillusioned, and feel let down by the adjudication process and the scheme management. Without going further into the specifics of this case, what further recourse do I have, to (1) either try to reopen the case and submit the additional evidence, or (2) pursue the tenants in the small claims court?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.