217 Thanks
1,669 Posts
10 years ago
I have just been informed by my tenant that a tenant father of her child, who does not live at the property, has damaged the front door. Apparently there was some kind of argument and he throw the bin and the door plastic on bottom panel is cracked and the letter box is kind of loose and he pulled the knock off, its lockable. The police were called and they told the tenant father of her child should pay. He does not work and I think I should get it repaired and make the tenant pay for the demaged. Tenant is responsible, under the terms of her tenancy agreement that they should pay for the damaged. It going to cost lot of money because the whole PVC door will have to come out and also the door frame. It will cost over thousand pound. Her deposit money is only £1050 and what happen if she cause other damaged to the property her deposit money won't be enough. I have wrote a letter to her Guarantor and told them what happened and if she won't pay then they have to pay. The tenant got upset about this when one of her Guarantor told her to pay for the demaged or you won't have a job. She text me to say, could you please not have letters sent her Guarantor its nothing to do with them and she said she will get the money as soon as possible. In the meantime her mum has put the letterbox back on with the screws. So very secure. The door is secure it lock form outside and inside it cracked PVC and I think I should get the door repaird and make her pay for it. The Guarantor is part of her Tenancy agreement and I should tell them everything in case she refuse to pay. What do you think I should do?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.