Warmfront Boiler Grants
Tenancy Deposits

Peter Firth
Peter Firth
0 Thanks
30 Posts
15 years ago
There is a website www.warmfront.co.uk and you can get your DSS tenant to fill this in and submit to request improvements for energy including new boilers.

I was hopeful that this would help me get an old boiler replaced as I have a dss tenant in a property where this is required but it is a lot of money to pay out for a new boiler.

However, the assessor spoke to me and said that there is no point in him making an assessment because to qualify for a new boiler the tenant needs to have an agreement for 7 years or have been there 7 years and also it is the tenant who has to be responsible for the boiler under the tenancy agreement which they need to see in writing.

The above seems a crazy situation that I could not see coming to be under a normal AST of course.

Has anyone therefore managed to get a warmfront grant for their tenants and if so what do you have to do in order to secure this?

Or if anyone knows what to do but has not done in please can you let me know.



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.