Tenancy Deposits

10 Thanks
430 Posts
15 years ago
It has not been very well publicised, but as from 01 April 2009, CORGI will no longer be the regulatory body for gas engineers. The role has been taken over by CAPITA, who operate the Gas Safe Register. As from 01 April 2009, you must ensure that the plumber who you employ to carry out any gas work in your property, or to carry out a gas safety check and service, is registered with the Gas Safe Register. All documentation must have on it the Gas Safe Register logo, and the plumber’s registration number. All plumbers have had from January this year to register with Gas Safe Register, but as in most other cases, a large proportion will leave it until the last minute to register. The gas safety certificates produced this last 12 months and currently in force, will remain so until their valid date expires. Any new certificates issued as from 01 April 2009, must be under the Gas Safe Register, and not CORGI. More information may be found on their web site www.gas

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.