Breach of Contract
Tenancy Deposits

5 Thanks
357 Posts
14 years ago


No deposit taken but 2 months rent in adcance.

If the tenant cancels his standing order half way through his fixed period and says he is not going to pay in advance and intends to remain in the property.

Can I sue through moneyclain as he is not no longer paying rent in advance and has breached the terms of the AST.

Or must I wait for the month to expire and for him to be in arrears before suing ?

Thank you.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.