0 Thanks
2 Posts
11 years ago
Can I add a clause on the "Addendum Agreement" to allow sub-letting of rooms with-in my house, without invaliding the AST?

Background: I have a wonderful (mature student) tenant (and friend) that has happily lived in my property for 3 years, without any problems. We have had a verbal agreement until now, and she has let boyfriends and mates move in and out as she pleases. However the local council have noticed multiple residency and insist that I am therefore responsible for council tax, and must make back payments. So I'm writing an AST to prove/confirm she is the full tenant, and responsible for tax payments (of which she is exempt, as a student). However I wish to continue to allow her the ability to sub-let room to whom ever she wishes.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.