Tenant deposit dispute
Tenancy Deposits

Trans Am
Trans Am
206 Thanks
630 Posts
14 years ago
I have been asked to get some advice for a friend who is a landlord. He did'nt register his tenants deposit (silly) and surprise surprise she has taken him to court over it. He has admitted that he is in the wrong and offered to pay up what he owes her. he has had a "General form of judgement or order" from the court saying that "This claim shal proceed under Part 7". Does anyone know what this means ? It goes on to say that he has admitted the claim, the parties shall try to resolve matters by agreement,the claimant should apply for judgement between 14 days and 6 weeks from now. Basically he knows that he is in the wrong and wants to pay up but he does not understand what "Part 7" is and what he has to do next. He has asked the court but they wont tell him. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.