Getting my deposit back , but the tenant has fled
Tenancy Deposits

3 Thanks
335 Posts
12 years ago
If you have no way of contacting the tenant, start the single claim procedure. You have to go to a solicitor and make a stautory declaration (costs you £5) and send it in, just wait.
If the tenant does not reply to the DPS, they will give you their deposit back.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.