tree pollarding
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
1 Posts
15 years ago
Hello. We are landlords to a house converted to 2 flats, ground and first flor. the ground floor flat has a door leading to the rear garden where they have sole access. there is a small front garden where both flats use for access to the front door. The ground floor tenant has complained that the trees to the front and rear of the house (but within the boundary) have overgrown and need attention. I arranged for 2 tree surgeons to inspect and they both have come back to say the trees need pollarding and reducing with a price ranging from £730 - £1,300. the ground floor tenancy has a clause saying they need to maintain the garden although no plan is attached to show which garden is relevant (we assume the ground floor tenant is aware that the back garden is her responsibility). Do you think therefore that this cost of tree care should be covered by the tenant as a responsibility under their tenancy agreement or should we as landlords cover the cost? I look forward to your views.

Regards, Sarah Bradley

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.