Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
6 Posts
15 years ago
Hi, I am a relatively new private landlord with 4 years experience. I have not received any formal training related to being a landlord. I have a number of issues which I would like some advise.

1. RLA AST Agreement
I rent flats and indivitual rooms in houseshare.
Q1. Can I use the RLA AST Agreement to rent indivitual rooms?
If yes, how do I complete the form?

Q2. Can I add more clauses to the agreement and where?

Q3. My current tenants have got handmade agreements I created on word document. Are they legal documents?
Q4. Can I replace them with RLA Agreements?
If yes, how do I inform the tenants and do I create new AST or just copy the info from the old one over?

How do I give them notice?
If their agreement has expired, what's the minimum time

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £85 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.