Broken Window
Tenancy Types and Management

Nicholas Dignan
Nicholas Dignan
0 Thanks
10 Posts
13 years ago
A passing yob threw a brick at the living room window of one of my properties. The brick broke the outside pane of the double glazed unit, but not the inner pane (fortunately). I instructed a firm to replace the unit. I have not had the invoice yet. Do I:
1) Pay invoice and suffer the cost
2) Pay invoice and claim off the tenant/their insurance
3) Send the invoice to the tenant for payment
4) Pay the invoice and deduct cost off Deposit at the end of the tenancy
5) other?
Many thanks.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £85 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.