Rent increase in statutory periodic tenancy
Tenancy Types and Management

Bridget Clarke
Bridget Clarke
2 Thanks
2 Posts
16 years ago
We are landlords for a property that was initially rented out with a fixed term contract for one year. Following this (for nearly 18 months now) the tenants have remained on the same terms except now a months notice period. I understand this is now a statutory period tenancy.

We would like to increase the rent but remain on the same terms otherwise if possible (i.e not to do a further fixed term tenancy agreeemt). Form 13 guidance note 9, states that we need a different form to do this i.e a 'Notice proposing different terms for a Statutory Periodic tenancy' . Is this true? Is there a reason why we cannot use form 13? Where do we get this other form?

Also - are there any websites to guide us on average rent increases in our area?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.