Foreign Imports!
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
26 Posts
17 years ago
I rent a two bedroom house to two care workers from the Phillipines. They have a joint AST agreement. They have an employment contract with a local care home for one year and appropriate Visa. They are not related to each other. They have asked me if they can bring over their husbands and children to stay in the house after 6 months. This will involve 4 adults and three children living in the house.
Will my property then become an HMO?
Am I being unreasonable if I will not allow their family to 'visit'? I am sure they will say their relatives are only 'visiting' rather then living there.
I am concerned that so many people living in a small house will breach one or more regulations - has anyone got advice to offer?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.