2 tenants - 2 letters with a copy of the N5 and N119
Tenancy Types and Management

Sasha Richards
Sasha Richards
0 Thanks
27 Posts
17 years ago
I have 2 tenants, one who owes 3 months and the other 2 months rent. Am I correct in writing to them individually enclosing a copy of form N5 and N119 which sets out the reasons for taking them to court for rent arrears? Or should I just address the letter to them both enclosing the documents?
On the N5 there is a space for a date that the claim will be heard. Should I contact the county court for this or do I lodge the forms and wait for them to give me one?
Can I also include in the letters to them the fact that if a ccj is upheld against them it will remain on their credit reference history for 6 years? I also want to let them know that I will contact a tracing agency if they leave the premises without paying the rent arrears.
Sorry if I appear rather dense, but I haven't been in this situation before and I want to do it correctly.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.