Moonlit flit
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
2 Posts
17 years ago
My rental house AST tenants have defaulted on 3 months rent.
I served notice according to your guidelines at 2 months default. The tenant has now moved out but left no forwarding address.
a. What can I do to trace their new address?
b. Do I need to do anything else to legally terminate the tenancy?
c. What steps can I take to recover the rent.

1. I have possession because they left the keys. I have changed the locks.
2. The tenant stole some curtains from the otherwise unfurnished property
3. I am holding deposit of £475, rent owed is £1,425. Cleaning, making good and changing the locks cost £170. Tenant owes me £1,120.

regards, Dianne Hewitt

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.