Possession and notice
Tenancy Types and Management

Just About Sane
Just About Sane
0 Thanks
213 Posts
17 years ago
Local councils are great at giving rubbish advise! Mind you it all depends on what he has told them too! If you live at the property and have not given him an AST to sign then he is merely a lodger and as such you can give as little notice as you like! The local council are probably telling a load of rubbish as he has gone to them to house him! Once his notice has expired you can change the locks and arrange for him to collect his belongings.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.