Unpaid Rent
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
2 Posts
17 years ago
I have just received a letter from my tenant telling me they will move out of my property on 9th March. They (two tenants) have a Short Hold Assured Teanancy running from 2nd January 2007 until 30th June 2008. They have decided to buy a house and now I am left in a position where they are refusing to pay rent going forward. At present their rent is up to date.

Do I need to serve a section 8 Notice? If so when and assuming they still do not pay up should I complete N5 and N119 Court Notices for recovery and re-possession. They have agreed I can market the property but I am not sure whether I can do this when the tenancy agreement still exists.

I have written to them explaining that they are in breach of contract and that I will be taking action to recover rent should they not pay. They have said they cannot afford to continue to pay because they will be paying an £800 mortgage. They are not on benefit and I have a Guarantor. I have copied my letter to their Guarantor.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.