Advice please about claiming owed rent
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
122 Posts
17 years ago
Have you spoken to the HB office? In my dealings any one who has started claiming for HB cannot claim "back payment" without a brilliant excuse i.e. hospital. Did your tenant state that she would want the HB to go straight to you? She can ask for this. You might be good speaking to the CAB who might be able to advise you on claiming your money back effectively - with HB / income support people Debt collection agencies will probably not want to touch them as they obviously haven't got the money (unless they are earning) You might end up paying through the nose for an agency and get little result. Also you could talk to a person or the officer who "valued" your property and state that you will have to evict her - which will mean they have to rehouse her. Do you have a good relationship with your tenant? How long has she been there?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.