licence or tenancy?
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
9 Posts
16 years ago
i have a flat with 3 rooms plus bathroom and kitchen (i do not live there) - the rooms are occupied by individuals/couples who have moved in on different dates (two couples in the double rooms and one person in the single room) there is no lounge but they all share the small kitchen and bathroom and i pay all the bills (except tv licence)

the question i would like a reply to is;

1) for the rooms are the people on a licence or an ast? (no contract has been signed)

2) to seek possession of any of the rooms (for example one couple leaves the gas on all day and the windows open, as well as irregularly paying rent and in arrears - therefore i would like them to leave) do i serve a notice to quit (28 days which is the licence route) or go on the section 21 route (ast route) and for what reason?

thanks very much for your help in this matter

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.