A tenant has vanished owing me a fairly large amount of rent.
Tenancy Types and Management

RLA Member 1111
RLA Member 1111
0 Thanks
9 Posts
16 years ago
A tenant of mine has vanished owing me a fairly large amount of rent. I intend to issue against her in small claims, but as I don't have an address for her (or her ex-husband who also signed the agreement and who I can therefore also issue against) I don't know how to proceed. Should I use a private detective or is there some way of tracking them down using their name and date of birth? I use Equifax for credit checking and there's something on their website about debt collection but their helpline wasn't very helpful.
I was under the impression that you use debt collectors after the court has found in your favour but without an address I can't issue a claim.

Please help!


Ben Lockett

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.