Missing Tenant.
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
22 Posts
16 years ago
Hi, I have a tenant to whom I have served a Section 21 which now as 5 weeks to run. Rent is in excess of two months in arrears and I have been unable to contact him for over a week leaving notices through the door and sending a recorded delivery letter. The rent is due again in a week. On the assumption that he does not pay or contact me I intend to enter the property. Should the property show evidence that he as not been there for a while I intend to change the locks, clean up the property and rent it out again. Is this legal? If not what is the likely outcome of prosecution and the likely penalty. Not the maximum but the likely.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.