Section 21
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
6 Posts
16 years ago
I have read with interest and concern various landlord's experiences with problem tenants. I have a tenant who has arrears in excess of £1400. However, the more I think about this and the time and effort that is required to pursue the arrears through the courts, the more I come to the conclusion that serving a Section 21 notice might be a preferable option. After all, the pain (in terms of my own time and effort) of actually trying to recover monies from someone who does not have the ability to pay it may not be the right route.

The tenancy agreement for the tenant currently residing at my rental property came to an end yesterday 26th November 2007. I certainly don't want the tenant to stay on. Do I serve her a Section 21 notice asking her to leave within two months and, if so, what do I need to be careful about.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £85 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.