Tenant on Remand
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
26 Posts
16 years ago
You have a nightmare situation. I think the prisoner will have to send you out a visiting order before you can visit him and it will not be straight forward in terms of you getting him to sign papers as the prison staff would need to see and approve any papers you are giving him and he may have the right to a solicitor. He may also request an interpreter if there is a language problem.
DONT try to deal with this one on your own. Take the advice of the RLA help desk from start to finish and you will get your property back. They have been great with me and with their speedy help and advice I have now gone ahead with my first 2 evictions. The legal advice and the preparation of the legal papers from the RLA is excellent value for money. Pay the fee for their expert help and advice. Don't go alone with this one.
Good luck

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £85 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.