Who pays for damage caused by unknown person
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
2 Posts
11 years ago

I recently had a call from one of my tenants reporting that during the night someone unknown to them had smashed their living room window. I checked the RLA tenancy agreement and couldn't see anything about who would be responsible for repair of this window. The incident was reported to the police and the tenants received a crime reference number. Could you please clarify who would be responsible for the repair and whether you should have a clause in the tenancy agreement in relation to this type of issue.

Many thanks
Nisar Ahmed

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.